If you plan on building your dream home in Las Cruces, knowing which materials to use is important. Choosing the right home materials is a vital step in the building process and can help ensure the safety and quality of your new construction home.
Villa Custom Homes, a local custom home builder, specializes in new construction homes and can help you with every step in your home journey. Our floor plans and new construction homes are inspired by the beautiful desert and traditions of the Southwest.
What to Consider
When planning out the model for your new construction home, there are a lot of things to consider when choosing the building materials. The most important items to consider are the quality of the materials and their durability. Read below for a list of all the things you should consider when discussing building materials with your contractor.
- What is the Quality?- Cheaper material may seem budget-friendly at first. However, you’ll potentially be spending more money in the long run due to the material needing replacing. Quality new construction home materials may be costly upfront, but they’ll last a long time.
- Is it Durable?- Similar to quality, when the durability is insufficient in a new construction home, it can result in unexpected costs due to repairs or even reconstruction. Villa Custom Homes offers a one and ten-year warranty to help make sure your Las Cruces home stays up to your standards.
- How Long Will the Material(s) Last?- If you plan on making your new construction home the place you live for the next 10-20 years, you want to make sure you’re using materials known to last a long time. Wood, vinyl, steel, and concrete are all long-lasting building materials.
- Does it Fit With the Geographical Area?- You should consider regional aesthetics when choosing a material for the exterior siding. Not only do you want to make sure your new construction home fits in with the Las Cruces look, but you also don’t want to risk violating any building codes or zone ordinances.
- Is it Sustainable?- If you’re looking to make your new construction home environmentally friendly, ensure the material you use fits your climate. For example, Villa Custom Homes also builds rammed earth homes which are perfect for the Las Cruces climate.
- Is it Right for your Region?- The common weather in your region is also a big factor when deciding on building materials. You wouldn’t build a flat-roofed home when your area rains frequently.
- Is the Cost in Line with Your Budget?- When it comes to the materials used to build your home, you want to make sure you use durable materials without blowing your entire budget. Villa Custom Homes will make sure your new construction home project is 100% transparent, so you know what every dollar is spent on.
- Are the Materials Readily Available?- We understand every homeowner wants to have a unique style of home. However, when it comes to choosing building materials, make sure the products are readily available in your area when your contractor begins working. The more unique or rare the material is, the harder it may be to come across.
Why Choose Us?
When you choose Villa Custom Homes, you’re choosing a long-lasting home builder with more than 30 years of experience building in and around Las Cruces. From contemporary to southwestern-inspired designs, we are able to build the home you want. Our services include everything from fully custom-designed and built homes to simple additions or total interior and exterior remodeling. Give us a call at (575) 650-7377, or contact us online today!